Monday, April 21, 2014

Q is for Quarrel -- Flash Fiction

 
 
"Okay. What is it this time? What did I do?"
 
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."
 
"Then why are you angry?"
 
"Who says I'm angry?"
 
"Is it because I didn't tell you I was going to the party?"
 
"What party? You went to a party? No, really I don't care about that."
 
"Then what? Because I borrowed your new shirt?"
 
"My new shirt? You borrowed my new shirt without asking? Where is it? Is it all right?"
 
"Yes. Yes, of course it's all right. If that's not it, why are you mad at me? Is it because I went with Gary?"
 
"Gary? You said you didn't like Gary. I thought Gary liked me."
 
"I don't know. Maybe he does. You weren't here when he called and we got to talking and . . . . If that's not it, what is it?"
 
"You ate the last piece of Mom's apple pie. I was saving it. You did all this and ate my piece of pie, too. You really are too horrible. I don't know why I have to have a sister anyway."
 


1 comment: