Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Downton Abbey Redeemed


It's Wednesday. I'm having leftovers from our favorite Mexican restaurant, a nice glass of Lambrusco, and streaming the most recent episode of Downton Abbey which aired last Sunday evening. I was too tired and fell asleep very early on so streamed it today from PBS.

Or, at least, attempted to stream it. It didn't work well -- constantly buffering and beginning again at a commercial.

I don't understand. We can stream Netflix seamlessly. And it has no commercials, much less the same commercial to sit through umpteen times.

Well, I finally made it through with a minimum of expletives that needed deleting.

And I am well pleased with this episode. The first two were somehow unsatisfying. It was like they were just preparing for the real Season 6 to start. Housekeeping, perhaps, so we'd be ready for the final season.

With this the third episode, I feel like the new season has well and truly and finally begun. And I like it.

A bit of fireworks from the grande dames; typical high-handedness from Lady Mary; atypical success for Edith; hope for the Bates's future; a wedding to bring a smile and a tear; and Barrow, alas, poor Barrow.

YES! Downton Abbey is back. And I'll take a nap next Sunday afternoon so I'll be rested enough to watch Episode 4 while it's being aired.

No comments:

Post a Comment