Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Friends! -- flash fiction


Meredith Johnson Davis George came home Friday night after being on travel for a week. He didn’t
              say a word. Just went into his office and closed the door. I made a good dinner and
              poured him a glass of his favorite wine. He drank the wine but didn’t even taste the steak.
              It’s been two days. He won’t talk to me. He hardly even looks at me. I don’t think I can
              stand much more of this.
      Mark Danforth, Lillian Jones, and 14 others like this.

Ruby Collins Just remember BFF. It’s him, not you.

Bess Davis He did me the same way before we were divorced. About the time he met you.

Keith-Sarah Johnson Okay, sis. What did you do?

Gwen Black I told you. They’re all alike. Call me. I’ll give you the name of my attorney. I’ve used                him every time and he’s good.
Marybeth Grogan George is a good man. Give him another chance. You’re in my prayers.

Leland Laughton You cudda pikkd me.

David Zosk, DDS As your friend and George’s dentist, let me assure you he is not having an affair.

                 And he’s not leaving you. I am restricted by HIPPA from saying anything specific. But
                 I am seeing him tomorrow and he should be back to his normal 
self tomorrow evening.
                 I recommend a soft diet for a few days.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that. I've just read another post about friendship and one about Facebook etiquette. Funny how these things tie together!
    Adventures of a retired librarian
    Anabel's Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for calling by on the trail of the A to Z. . . . . It is always interesting to read the subtle differences between us in Britain and the USA in the way we write and the names of things. . . .

    Good luck on the long road to Z. I Hope it goes extremely well, I have to say there does seem to be a fair bit of interaction this year between blogs so that is very good . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    I’m popping in via the A to Z Challenge, as one of the assistants.
    Interesting piece of flash fiction about the art of communication...
    Happy A to Z'ing!
    Writer In Transit & A Minion From The Joyful Brigade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writing! Using comments as dialog...love it! Clever and quirky!

    ReplyDelete