Monday, January 20, 2020

Denver Women's March 2020

The Colorado skies gave us a glorious start.


            
Ten thousand of us, all dressed warmly for Colorado's January morning,
began and ended the march in front of the Denver City and County Building.



Four years ago, after Trump's inauguration when the Women's March outnumbered his crowd -- not to mention that it was nationwide. They said we women wouldn't keep it up. They were wrong!

Not only are we still marching, we are voting. As was the case during the 2018 March, there were plenty of people out registering voters and updating voter registrations.We flipped the House in 2018. And if the current Senate fails to do their duty, we'll clean out the White House for them and flip the Senate to boot.





Women's Right truly are Human Rights and Women's issues are everybody's issues. All kinds of people marched -- us seniors, middle-aged people with their teen children, young adults, young families with babies in strollers. All races and genders. People supporting all kinds of causes -- health care, the environment, education. The March took us under the Denver Museum of Art's sky bridge and alongside this sculpture. How appropriate is this?! Trump has been impeached and it's time to sweep him and his administration out!









                       Some of us wore
                                           our shared
                                                         sentiments.











There were signs, lots of signs.

Grey beard and sunglasses, my favorite!

  Some signs were literary                              
  

                                                                              Some witty,
 
                                        Pretty funny, I thought.                           Most Colorado sign        

Some heartfelt, 

some rude.

And the chants, oh those chants. My favorite? "We want a leader not a creepy tweeter."

Somewhere before the 16th Street Mall Free bus back to Union Station, I lost my scarf.  And my water bottle somewhere before The Mercantile Restaurant for lunch. (When I told my husband about the losses, he said I was like a little kid, he should attach everything to me with string.)

But I found something I'd begun to lose these past four years. Something very precious indeed.
Faith in America's People.





1 comment:

  1. I hope you do “sweep him out”. That would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete