Friday, May 27, 2016

Bucket List


image from baincounselorcorner

A friend shared a bucket list on Facebook suggesting that we put an X beside the things we've done. Having only recently added a fourth experience to my bucket list, I was curious about how I'd fare on the bucket list she shared. I thought there might be some things on the list that I'd like to add to my bucket list.

I discovered some things I've done that I'd never put on a bucket list and some things I'd like to do, but not enough to put on the list.  An exclamation mark indicates something that had I not done it, it would have been on my bucket list. An asterisk denotes something I'd like to do, but not enough to put on my list. A pound sign means been there, done that, don't ever want to do it again.

Been to Alaska  *                                           Skipped school X
Fired a Gun X                                                Watched someone give birth X
Been Married X  !                                          Watched someone die  
Fell in love X      !                                          Been to Canada      
Gone on a blind date X                                  Been to Hawaii  *

Been to Europe                                               Visited Mexico X
Been to Las Vegas X  #                                  Seen the Grand Canyon in person X  !
Been to Washington D.C. X                           Flown in a helicopter
Been to Nashville X                                       Been on a cruise X  #
Visited Florida X                                           Served on a jury X

Been in a movie X                                         Made prank phone calls X
Been to Los Angeles X                                  Laughed so much you peed your pants X
Been to New York City                                  Caught a snowflake on your tongue X
Played in a band                                             Had children X
Sang karaoke                                                  Had a pet X

Been sledding on big hill X                            Been to a drive-in movie X
Been downhill skiing                                      Rode an elephant
Been water skiing X                                       Been on TV
Rode on a motorcycle X                                 Been in newspaper X
Jumped out of a plane                                     Stayed in Hospital X  #

Donated blood X                                             Been scuba diving
Gotten a piercing X   #                                    Lived on your own X
Gotten a tattoo                                                 Rode in the back of police car
Driven a stick shift vehicle X                          Got a speeding ticket X
Driven over 100 mph X                                

What are the four things on my bucket list? I'd like to see the Aurora Borealis, the Statue of Liberty, the ladies room at Tiffany's in New York City, and the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe.


No comments:

Post a Comment